Thursday, February 7, 2013

Summer-time in the city

I remember a rock tune that went something like: "Summer-time in the city, back of my neck gettin' hot and gritty..."  That's kinda how it is down here, although today it's actually pretty pleasant -- not too hot and a nice little breeze blowing.  The other day however, it was a whopping 47 degrees (Centigrade) or for you north-Americans 115 degrees Fahrenheit!!  Thank goodness for "Appendix A" of the missionary handbook that allows us as senior missionaries to adjust our schedule somewhat.  But before we get too far along here, want to thank those who've recently posted on the blog -- thx Shars -- Brynn is too cute in her cougar outfit, Darek for the "biblioteca" shot -- Kennedy looks so studious, and Marschell for all the pics of the holidays and CA trip -- brings back memories of some other CA trips in years past.  So how 'bout a few pics of our own -- assuming I can get it to work right.




Here's a shot of our branch -- the Obrero Branch on a typical Sunday, although attendance was down a little that day.  Great people -- trying to live the gospel under pretty challenging circumstances. 


 
 
A shot of Hermana McCoy with a couple of English-speaking sister missionaries -- sent here by our interim Argentine mission president -- very thoughtful and appreciated.



 
I hesitate to post this, but the cupcakes the sisters made were so tasty I could hardly contain myself.

Well, I tried to post a couple more pics but I guess the little engine that could is all worn out for one day -- apparently it can only handle a few at a time.  I'll try again later.  In the meantime, sure do love you.  Thanks for all your prayers in our behalf.  We pray for all of you every day too. 
XOS,
Dad


No comments:

Post a Comment