Friday, February 21, 2014

New Addition

Presenting the newest member of our family......Sophia Rose McCoy!
Born: Feb 2, 2014 6:12 pm
Weight: 7 lbs 13 oz
Height: 20 inches
Garlan gave me a beautiful blessing before we left for the hospital. I was promised peace, comfort, physical strength and an increase in love for our new daughter. I was also promised to have the ability to know how to divide my time and understand the love the Lord for choosing motherhood. After the blessing I definitely felt ready to bring Sophie into the world. I am so grateful for the power of the Priesthood and for a husband who honors the power that he carries.
We were blessed with a very easy and quick delivery. We went in to the hospital for my induction on Sunday at noon. They started pit at 12:30, had my epidural at 2pm, my water broke at 2:45 pm and after a couple easy pushes she was born at 6:12 pm (during halftime of the Superbowl).
This birth was extra special because my mom and really good friend Cherie were there for the whole thing. It was the first grandchild for my mom to be present at the birth. We both were able to talk about and shed some tears over the miracle of birth and amazing blessing of motherhood. 
We love our sweet Sophie! She was Coombs positive so she had pretty bad jaundice for about 6 days and had to be on lights at home. That was tough on all of us (except her - she slept in her little coffin without complaint).
Emma is a great big sister and each day warms up to Sophie a little more. We have been so lucky to have my mom with us for the past 2 weeks. I am dreading her leaving tomorrow!
It's a whole new world being a mother of 2 and some moments I feel completely overwhelmed. Blessed but overwhelmed. Thankfully I'm not alone and Garlan is an amazing husband and father. 
Here are some pictures from the first two weeks of Sophie's life.
                                                             (awkward pose, I know)

No comments:

Post a Comment